Genesis 2:7 Then the LORD God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature.
Psalm 103:14 For he knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust.
Ecc 3:20 All go to one place. All are from the dust, and to dust all return.
- Dust is useless to us
- It is blown in on the wind and just as quickly blown away
- It settles in our homes and we take care to sweep it away
- It isn't of any value
- We can't use it to make anything productive
- It is more a nuisance than anything else
- But You can do anything with dust
- You've made a world of 7 billion people - And each of them is unique
- You must have an amazing mind to produce the world's creative diversity from such a simple starting element
- No doubt, just like we do with the dust, You could sweep us all away with a simple brush of Your hand
- But we pray for Your grace to remember how fragile we are
- Don't let us forget that the dust that makes up our lives is only settled here on the earth because You allow us to remain
- Don't let us think too much of ourselves
- Help us to humble ourselves in our insignificance and to realize that our only value is the value bestowed on us by the One who can turn dust into something reflecting His image.
- Don't let us love the dust of the creature more than the Creator.
- And when our time on this earth comes to an end and our bodies are decaying back to the earth, give us peace, by remembering that You used the dust to create the marvelous bodies we lived in on earth and You will certainly do it for us again in eternity.