· It took you 6 days to create a world that has baffled the imagination of men for thousands of years.
· Everything that we've pursued, longed after, and tried to bring under our power, you made in less than a week.
· And even now, in the 21st century, we can hardly get people off of our own tiny rock to touch the vastness of space, where the celestial music of a billion worlds sing Your praises.
· Don't let us become arrogant
· Don't let us think too much of our tiny accomplishments
· Don't let us lift ourselves up in rebellion
· How foolish that would be in light of the universe that surrounds us that sits in the palm of Your hand.
· Help us to realize and appreciate how small we are but how loved we are.
· And even though we are not much more in size than dust particles floating through massive space, we are worth more to you than all other terrestrial and celestial bodies.
· They will be burned up but you've made a way for us to escape the fire and live on with You for eternity.
· Thank you for the steady sun
· It is good to know that it will be there to take away the darkness at the dawn because we need new mercies every morning
· Thank you for the dry land
· Where we can be sure-footed and secure
· Thank you for the sea
· Where we are reminded that we are not as in-control as we think.
· Thank you for the plants
· They are born from tiny seeds and grow into beautiful bodies
· They are born in the spring, mature in the summer, decay in the fall, and die in winter
· But they are always reborn.
· Help us to make the most of our seasons
· But when our winter comes…
· Lift us up to eternal spring in a glorious new body!
· Thank you for the animals
· Who give us food
· Help us in our work
· Bear our burdens
· Become our friends
And are under Your control in order that all things can work together for good to those who love You.
· On day 6, You created mankind
· You made them in your image
· Don't let us treat them any less
· If we don't love other people enough… help us to love more
· If we don't care enough about other's souls… help us to care more
· Give us a desire to help other people see the beautiful God that made the world we walk in.
· Make inroads for us to people's hearts to help them to take their eyes of the creature and set them on the creator.
· Don't let us live with a tiny perspective
· Make our souls thirsty for satisfaction beyond this world.
· Tune our hearts to find pleasure in our Creator
· And when our days in the creation are over, give us rest on the final day.
In the powerful name of Jesus