2Pe 2:5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
The text in Genesis 6 doesn’t tell us what Noah preached to the people of his day. But we don’t always need to hear a man’s words to understand his heart. In fact, a man’s actions are better insight into his heart than his words.
· Help me to preach like Noah
· So that even if people don’t hear my words they will read Your words through my life.
· Give me an undistracted persistence in reaching for unseen realities
· The work you gave to Noah must have spanned decades
· He spent years building for a flood that he could not see
· He took it on Your word, that one day, the unseen would become a reality.
· He could have easily gotten distracted
· How often am I distracted from the work you’ve given me to do
· Taken off course by some shiny earthly attraction
· He didn’t care what others thought about him
· He cared what you thought about him
· Help me to have a great Godly ambition like Noah
· The task before him was huge… but he wasn’t deterred
· As I look out at the lost and the saved, there is so much to do!
· Sometimes I don’t know where to start
· I feel like my effort won’t amount to any real good or change
· But Noah probably felt like that the first day too
· Give me strength to rise to the challenge of something great
· Something that can only be accomplished with Your strength
· Give me power and give me courage
· Help me to build up the Church like Noah built up the ark.
· One board at a time
· One good deed
· One word of encouragement
· One act done in love
· One prayer for our failings
· One step taken by faith
· By the power of one Spirit
· For the glory of my one God
· And if by Your power, I’ve been able to achieve anything when the decades have past…
· Humble me to know, like Noah, that it was only because I “found grace in the eyes of the LORD” (Gen 6:8)