Updated: Nov 23, 2019
Gen 5:11 Thus all the days of Enosh were 905 years, and he died.
Gen 5:14 Thus all the days of Kenan were 910 years, and he died.
Gen 5:17 Thus all the days of Mahalalel were 895 years, and he died.
Gen 5:20 Thus all the days of Jared were 962 years, and he died.
Gen 5:28 When Lamech had lived 182 years, he fathered a son
Gen 5:29 and called his name Noah, saying, “Out of the ground that the LORD has cursed, this one shall bring us relief from our work and from the painful toil of our hands.”
- Don’t let me become enamored with the world
- If you grant me a long life, I might get 100 years
- But make me realize how short and limited that time is and how quickly this body shrivels.
- Don’t let me doubt the allure of this world to distract me into a wasted life.
- To seek satisfaction in the fruit of the garden rather than the garden’s Creator
- These men were intoxicated by the dainties of a godless world for 900 years, 9-10 lifetime.
- How much more extensively than I must they have exhausted the offerings of the earth… worn out its empty promises…
- And yet, they persisted… and brought destruction on the world.
- If for 900 years they could be convinced that it was in this world that they would find their satisfaction…
- How desperately do I need Your grace to guard this feeble heart of mine from the subtle serpent’s charm.